Online forms are web-based ways to collect information from people. Instead of filling out and submitting a paper form (remember those days?), your customers can use the internet and fill in business form fields electronically. Most websites often use online form creators for visitors to submit inquiries, feedback, job applications, etc. All the data is then sent over the internet, so there is no need to print out a hard copy or worry about physical storage space.
There are also forms that can be used specifically for internal communications. These forms can help your team share and coordinate information between team members and make calculated decisions from the data provided.
While most companies use forms that are directly built into their websites, there are other alternatives to this option. Companies that offer project management solutions, or stand-alone form programs, are great ways to add customized and interactive forms to your business.
No matter what kind of form your business needs today, we have rounded up our top online form creators that will help you narrow down your picks. Our choices include:
- Google Forms
More than just a leading project management system, Hive is the ultimate productivity tool you always need in your back pocket. Built by users for users, Hive is a customer-first program that offers native chat, calendar integrations, time-tracking software – and yes, a custom form builder. Within Hive, you can create custom forms that anyone (internally or externally) can access and fill out in their browser.
When submitting forms in Hive, your team has the option to create action cards with all of the form details automatically. These action cards will keep all of the data in one place and are perfectly set up to track and report within the Hive ecosystem.
Hive also doesn’t limit the number of forms you can build, and multiple users have access to the same format once, creating transparency and instantaneous feedback between collaborators. Each Hive form also comes with its unique URL that you can share and post directly in your chats, websites, or even through social media channels.
- Drag and drop feature for form building
- Real-time form access for multiple users
- Unlimited number of forms to make/send
- Hive begins at $6 /month with a higher tier pricing that unlocks additional features. If you want to check it out, you can also try it for free for 14 days!
Countless teams use Airtable for project management to inventory and contact lists. However, it also has powerful document management capabilities built-in through their web apps’ collaborative editing functions, where each user can create their own custom tables and forms.
With forms built to collect information designed by the team – your team can quickly create and plug-in form results directly into their workflow. With Airtable forms, you can share your data within your company or with external partners and teams who are outside your network. With Airtable forms, you can pull the data from each form to be reviewed, updated, edited, and turned into a comprehensive report.
- Forms plug directly into workflows
- Can share forms internally or externally
- Form data can be transformed into easy-to-read reports
- The forms add-on is only available for the plus plan or higher, and this pricing begins at $10/mo.
For other similar tools, check out our guide to the top Airtable alternatives on the market.
3. Google Forms
Are they a little unattractive? Yes. Do they lack some panache of some of our other form picks on this list? Yes. But do these forms still work like a charm? Heck yes.
While not as fancy as some of our other picks, Google Forms is an online tool provided as part of the G Suite that allows you to create simple web forms automatically processed by Google Sheets and Google Docs editors. Since these forms only contain text fields, Google Forms often works best for forms where you want users to input text data — e.g., questions or addresses.
Google Forms is a suite of tools that provides the power of Google’s online form processing engine, but with a few extra options not found in its base product. Form Publisher adds the ability to share saved forms across multiple Google Apps domains or set up directories for sharing specific forms.
- Simple text string form-fills
- Cross-functionality with G Suite products
- Form results are easily stored in the Google Sheet of your choice
- Available in Personal and Business options, Google forms are free for anyone who has a Google account.
Wrike is an online project management application that allows you to create and update tasks, assign them to team members, communicate the work, and track progress. Wrike also has a native tool that enables basic form submissions with custom fields for collecting feedback.
These native Wrike forms were explicitly created for teams to establish an internal or external process to collect data. The data is inputted into the forms and they create a place that provides storage for the answers and the ability to transmit across multiple platforms when needed.
These custom request forms can also gather and store details to help you auto-create and auto-assign tasks to future teams. These forms also sync efficiently and dynamically between users and your team can route requests based on rules created within the form field.
- Dynamic request forms
- Custom fields for feedback
- Results from form data can automatically assign tasks to teams
- The forms add-on is only available for the business plan tier or higher, and this pricing begins at $24.80/mo.
Want to learn more? Check out our guide to the best Wrike alternatives on the market.
ClickUp is a compelling project management program favored by small and large businesses alike. While we have discussed this platform at length in some of our previous articles, we have never jumped into the ClickUp pool and swam around with some of its unique features. Mainly it’s a built-in form option.
With ClickUp, you can build forms using a drag-and-drop feature with customized branding capabilities to make each form unique. There are also incorporated URL and category tags to help your teams better manage and share the form information. These ClickUp forms can be embedded into any website. With the category tag customization, these form an easy way to distinguish between different projects or departments that use the specific forms.
- Drag and drop form builder
- Customized branding options
- Secure integration into websites or can be viewed via the app
- Starts with a “Free Forever” pricing option, with a higher tier pricing that unlocks additional features as you scale.
To learn more, check out our list of the best ClickUp alternatives with comparable features.
While not an all-in-one project management solution like Hive and some of our previous examples, Jotform is a powerful stand-alone form project that does one thing amazingly well: forms. With Jotform, you can build forms that collect information, request feedback, and even allow users to upload files. With hundreds of templates to use and dozens of forms to choose from that are industry-specific, you have all the forms you could ever need at the click of a mouse!
If templates are not your jam, and you want to be creative, Jotform’s drag-and-drop user interface makes the building process a snap. Worried about your lack of coding expertise to build a great form? Jotforms prebuilt blocks make creating your form easy and straightforward without writing a single line of code.
- Hundreds of form templates to choose from
- Drag and drop form builder for customized forms
- Previous coding experience not needed
- Offers limited forms and features with the free option, but a monthly pricing option starting at $24/mo offers more forms, use, and submissions.
123FormBuilder is a secure and easy-to-use online form builder that you and your team can use for a wide variety of use cases, including those that help you collaborate better when working remotely. No coding is needed to create forms and you have 2,000+ form templates to start from. Built with security in mind, all forms are GDPR compliant and integrate with the tools you already use.
Key features and use cases:
- Collecting leads and sending them by email to the right sales representative
- Collaborating on the data collection process with specific user access settings
- Tracking employee time
- Collecting signatures and generating automated PDF documents
- Surveying employee satisfaction
- Creating workflows for your projects
- Collect information for tasks and assign them
- Open bug reports