The 13 Best AI Writing Tools For Essays, Blogs & Content in 2024
If you have recently spent time on popular social media channels such as Twitter or LinkedIn, chances are you have read all about the amazing benefits of artificial intelligence for writing — but you’ve probably seen the “will AI replace all of our jobs” looming around the web as well. All of the pros and cons of AI writing tools can be hard to keep track of.
However, as a productivity platform whose ultimate goal is to help you work more efficiently, we believe that AI writing is here to stay — and here to help. As much as we can see the other side of the argument (not the machines taking over, but the stealing our jobs argument), AI can ultimately be used as a tool to help you do your job better, not completely take it over from you.
We are firmly in the camp that using AI for content creation can be highly beneficial. If you are also interested in how AI tools can maximize your content output, follow along to learn about the best AI writing tools and how you can implement them into your workflow today.
How to pick the best AI writing tool for your content
HiveMind and RyterAI and JasperAI, Oh my!
While it doesn’t have the same ring as lions, tigers, and bears, it still brings forth the same apprehension that Dorothy Gale from the Wizard of Oz felt: the fear of the unknown and so many to choose from. So where do you start?
If you are overwhelmed by all the AI writing tools on the market today, and their use cases are all blurring together, here are my top AI tools that are definite content contenders.
HiveMind is an AI-powered tool built into Hive’s project management product that automates tasks ranging from content writing to data extraction and translation. This tool leverages NLP algorithms to generate summaries of long articles or documents quickly and accurately. HiveMind was built to work seamlessly within the Hive project management platform, and can also help generate project outlines, next steps, and respond to emails.
HiveMind’s AI was constructed not to just write blogs and essays for you but to increase user productivity and efficiency across the board. More than just a content builder, it is an assistant, project manager, and editor all in one.
- Free with Hive plans
- Access OpenAI’s full suite of AI services
- Integrates with Hive’s enhanced suite of project management capabilities
- Creates project tasks based on simple inputs
- Responds to emails automatically
JasperAI, formally known as Jarvis, is an AI assistant that helps you brainstorm, edit, and publish excellent content. Powered by natural language processing (NLP), this tool can understand the context of your copy and suggest alternatives accordingly. It can also provide insights on trending topics and keywords, giving you a better understanding of how to craft content that resonates with your audience.
Jasper AI is a popular tool among many writer demographics globally. For more information, check out this Jasper AI review article which includes a real example use case for applying this tool in today’s digital landscape.
- Easy-to-use interface
- Integrates well with other writing platforms like SurferSEO and Grammarly
- Excellent at writing long-form content like stories or essays
- Can be pricy
- Can significantly miss the mark, and the content output goes off the rails
RyterAI is a natural language processing tool that helps you create content faster, more efficiently, and more accurately than ever before. RyterAI’s usage of NLP algorithms will read through your text and offers personalized suggestions on how to improve it through grammar, word choices or by increasing clarity. It also identifies popular keywords so you can find the best ones to use for SEO purposes and rankings.
- Excellent at grammar and spelling checks
- Great at finding keywords to help you rank higher in search engine results pages (SERPs)
- User-friendly interface
- It can be expensive if you plan on using it for all your content needs
- The final content still needs some tweaking/editing
- Does not offer additional SEO features or 3rd-party integrations
Paraphrasingtool.ai is a one-stop solution for all your writing needs, issues, and queries. From creating fresh content like articles, blogs, or essays to checking for plagiarism, and grammar mistakes, this website has you covered. Most tools are free to use and accessible from any device. Paraphrasingtool.ai offer applications for mobile users. Premium users get access to complex writing needs.
- Sleek UI, easy to use, and offers free modes and features.
- Users can create, check and finalize their content in one place
- Excellent results that compare with other top paper writing services and free essay writing tools
- People with limited knowledge of AI tools might face issues using it
- Monthly or yearly paid subscription is required for complex writing needs
You can’t search the web these days without someone mentioning ChatGPT and how it is revolutionizing AI content. But, it is just the new AI kid on the block, with more “fancy” features and a deeper code algorithm that “understands language.” Essentially, ChatCPT is a conversation AI engine that enables developers to create chatbots and other conversational interface applications.
Unlike other AI writing tools, ChatGPT is an open-source tool with several useful features like text prediction, dialogue flow control, and natural language understanding. It’s crucial to note that while ChatGPT brings helpful advancements, there are inherent risks associated with generative AI. Vigilance and responsible utilization of such powerful AI tools are imperative to mitigate these risks.
- Open source platform
- It can be used to build complex conversational applications
- Easy-to-use API’s
- Lacks the advanced features of other popular AI tools on the market
- Limited support for languages other than English
Byword is the most advanced tool for producing high-quality AI content at scale, built from years of experience scaling websites with AI-powered SEO. For example, this website went from 0 to 750K/mo SEO traffic in 12 months by only using Byword’s AI-generated content.
You can upload 1,000s of keywords or titles and create SEO-optimized articles in a few clicks. Then publish the articles straight to your website using Byword’s CMS integrations. Simply enter a topic and click ‘generate’ to get started for free.
- Best tool for producing AI content at scale
- High-quality GPT-4 powered writing output
- Publish straight to your website with CMS integrations
- SEO features such as indexing, internal linking and more
- Less suitable for small businesses or those looking to dip a toe into AI content
- Slightly higher cost than other solutions ($2.50-$3.96 per article)
- The quality of AI images generated could be improved
Quillbot is an AI writing tool that takes text input and assists you with paraphrasing, checking grammar, identifying plagiarism and more. The AI-powered assistant can make your thoughts and ideas more coherent and fluent by rephrasing them with changes to vocabulary, tone and style. Easily customize your text using a slider feature along with a mode selection to adjust the output to your writing needs. You can save time using Quillbot’s summarizer and citation generator features and present your writing with confidence.
- Can help improve vocabulary and language skills
- Offers additional writing tools and features
- Integrates with multiple platforms
- May struggle with complex sentences
- Limited customization options in the free version
- Only available in English
Now that you have seen some of the top AI tools available today, let’s look and see which of the tools is best suited for your content needs. Of course, each tool has its pros and cons, and you might be more comfortable with one interface but like the output of another. For a more in-depth look, check out my winners below, as they might help you pick the right tool for your AI-generated content.
Paraphraser AI is an excellent paraphrasing tool that can improve all written works. Paraphraser can find the most suitable synonyms and phrases to craft a compelling and captivating message. The software can also modify sentence structure, expand your word choice pool, change your message voice from passive to active and improve the readability of your copy. Paraphraser offers a monthly and yearly plan and a student package with a special discount rate.
- It’s easy to use, straightforward, and free up to 500 words.
- Offers plagiarism and grammar checks
- Students only pay $9 per week for the premium package.
- Limited free package. The premium package costs $23 a month.
- Website is not user friendly
- Pop-us and many adds might make navigation confusing
Rapide.ly is an AI-powered content generator for social media, allowing entrepreneurs and businesses alike to create captivating posts tailored specifically to their audiences. With Rapide.ly GPT-3 AI-designed brainstorming engine you can craft effective messages that engage your followers across multiple platforms such as Instagram, Facebook and LinkedIn.
- Calendar prompts help your content planning to stay on top of celebration dates
- Weekly trends for Reels (audio and ideas)
- Monthly content creation challenges to improve your content performance on social platforms
- Pay version only after free trial
- Limited languages (currently, only English and French)
HubSpot’s AI Content Writer is an AI writing tool that helps you and your business scale content output for your email, landing page or blog post. By inputting a simple prompt or topic, the AI-powered copywriter tools generate a first draft of engaging, researched, and tailored content for your use.
The AI content writer is designed to be user-friendly and work alongside any of your other HubSpot or external tools. You can provide additional details regarding your brand voice, customer persona, and additional entails to make your content exceptionally unique. Each content produced includes research, proofreading, and even SEO optimizations.
- Excellent for grammar and proofreading
- Content includes research and search engine optimization
- User-friendly interface and sync with existing HubSpot tools
- Still in the public beta phase
- Content produced is a first draft which may require some additional tweaks and edits
Writesonic is an incredible AI writing software that offers a wide range of features on its platform. With its free plan, users can access 10,000 words on its optimized GPT 3.5 platform, while paid plans are powered by the even more advanced GPT 4. Writesonic also offers innovative products like Botsonic and ChatSonic, which provide customers with additional AI-powered tools. Thanks to Writesonic’s advanced AI technology, users can effortlessly generate high-quality written content in no time.
- Saves time and effort in researching and writing articles.
- Helps in generating unique and creative ideas for your content.
- Provides accurate and error-free content that is ready to publish.
- User-friendly interface that is easy to navigate.
- The AI may not always produce completely accurate copies and may require some human editing.
- Some of the copy generated by Writesonic may sound robotic and strange, requiring additional modification to make it more human-like.
12. Flick AI Caption Generator
Flick AI Caption Generator has emerged as a game changer, revolutionizing caption creation, especially for social media. It leverages the power of AI and Natural Language Processing to generate high-quality and engaging captions. With Flick AI Caption Generator, you will never run out of caption ideas. Just enter a topic, and this tool will generate hundreds of captions within seconds.
Flick AI Caption Generator Pros
- Boosts productivity by generating captions quickly
- Crafts unique and highly personalized captions
- Auto-generates hashtags based on your captions
- Provides suggestions, brainstorming, and outlining support
- Adapts the tone of voice and style of captions to sound like you
Flick AI Caption Generator Cons
- No free plan
- Limited contextual understanding
- Learning curve
Simplified is one of the top AI writing tools, known for its high-quality content, ease of use, affordability, and comprehensive templates. It uniquely combines GPT with features like image processing and data analysis, going beyond text generation.
With options for personalization, such as training on custom data, Simplified adapts to users’ evolving needs, optimizing for speed, accuracy, or complex queries. Its AI engine accesses top language models from OpenAI, Google, Anthropic, and includes Simplified’s custom model, ensuring a balanced use of technology and reducing dependency on a single source. It is designed for business contexts like marketing and sales.
- Excellent user experience that is simple to utilize
- A vast range of tools
- Library of designs and templates
- Excellent social media scheduling capabilities
- The presentations are rather basic and need to be polished
- Writer is not superior to Chat GPT
What AI Writing Tool is best for you?
1. Best AI tool for Generating content automatically
HiveMind beats out the competition in this category thanks to its free plan, seamless integration with the Hive project management platform, and ability to create project tasks based on simple inputs. This AI tool is perfect as a content assistant that works off of previous successes, and it can be integrated into your current Hive work process.
2. The Best AI tool for writing long-form content
JasperAI wins this contest, hands down. With its long-form content writing capabilities and integration with other writing platforms like SurferSEO and Grammarly, it gets the long-form blog content job done. It offers excellent prompts to input tone of voice and keywords, and you can also use protective text and suggestions to help write the entire blog for you. Long-form couldn’t be easier with the help of JasperAI.
3. Best AI tool for writing social media posts
Will ChatGPT take over the job of a social media manager on the web? Probably not. But helping us create social media tags, posts, and captions is a great way to utilize ChatGPT for content creation in your everyday marking activities. Furthermore, its open-source platform and conversation AI ability add to the reasons why it’s great for social media posts. And because it can ultimately help you quickly generate engaging content that resonates with your audience, this tool is an excellent addition to any content creator’s arsenal.
From some of my top picks for AI tools to their best use case scenario – you definitely have a lot to consider when picking an AI writing tool for your content. While each one of the tools mentioned will get the job done, some are better than others, and only you can decide what tool will work within your content workflow.
Considering the wide range of AI tools available, it’s essential to find the one that aligns with your specific needs. An AI detector can also help you assess the accuracy and reliability of these tools, ensuring you make an informed decision.